Liu Zhengde (刘政德)
Liu Zhengde (1931) hails from Tianmen, Hubei Province. In 1949, he graduated from the Western Painting Department of the Wuchang Art School, but already in school, he developed an interest in sculpture. In the early 1950s, he worked in the Art Section of the Wuhan Municipal Children's Palace and at the Central-South Literature and Art School. He transferred to the Sculpture Department of the Guangzhou Art School in 1958 to teach. In 1960, he entered the Sculpture Research Class at the Central Art Academy and after his graduation in 1963 he returned to the Guangzhou Art School. In 1978 he transferred to the Fine Arts Department of the Hubei Art Academy, where he became a professor.
Liu is mainly known as a sculptor.
Zhongguo meishuguan (ed.), 中国美术年鉴 1949-1989 (Guilin: Guangxi meishu chubanshe, 1993)