Te Wei (1915-2010) from Zhongshan, Guangdong Province, taught himself drawing. He started drawing cartoons in 1935, and in 1937 he joined an anti-Japanese cartoon propaganda troupe. From 1941 to 1949, he was in Hong Kong, taking part in various artistic activities. In the 1950s, he returned to Shanghai, where he was mainly involved in the production of animated cartoons, both as studio head and as director.
Te Wei was an animator, whose works have won various (international) prizes.