Fei Xinwo (1903-1992) was from Huzhou, Zhejiang Province. He studied Western painting in the White Goose Preparatory Painting School in Shanghai in the 1930s and worked in various publishing units. In 1945, he began designing advertising as well as drawing cartoons. In the 1950s, he returned to painting, participating in the Moscow Art Exhibition of Socialist Nations in 1958. That same year he developed an illness in his right wrist, forcing him to use the left hand. He has been actively designing and producing art until well in the 1990s.