Liu Dajiang (1928-2020) was from Wuxi, Jiangsu Province. He became disabled due to illness in childhood and became half deaf and dumb. His training started in the Arts Department of Nanjing Central University and continued at the Jiangsu Provincial Chinese Painting Academy. From 1958 on, he worked at the Wuxi Municipal Museum and at its Literature and Art Creation Group. In 1979, he transfered to the Wuxi Calligraphy and Painting Academy.
Liu was known for his landscapes.