Hong Huang (1923-2010) was from Cixi, Zhejiang Province. He started his training in the Western Painting Department of the Guilin Art School in 1942 and graduated from the Guangdong Provincial Art School in 1944. From that year until 1949, Hong worked for various publishers and art institutes in Chongqing and Shanghai. In 1950 he started working for the Shanghai-based Wenhuibao (文汇报).
Hong was known for his caricatures. Some of his works have been included in the collection of the China Art Gallery.