Meng Guang (1921-1996) was from Changzhou, Jiangsu Province. He graduated in 1940 from the Shanghai Painting School. Subsequently, he became head of the Fine Arts Section of the New Fourth Route Army Service Corps. Later, he taught in the Art Department of Shanghai Normal University, worked in the Fine Arts Research Office of Shanghai Jiaotong University and became a professor in the Art Academy of Shanghai University.
Meng was an oil painter.