Tu Ke (1916) is from Rong'an, Guangxi Province. He graduated in 1937 from the National Hangzhou Art School and joined the New Fourth Army the next year, where he became deputy head of the Drawing Group of the Battlefield Services Corps. During the war years, he was engaged in editorial work for various journals published in the Jiangsu area and beyond, including the Central Jiangsu Illustrated (Suzhong huabao, 苏中画报) and the Shandong Illustrated (Shandong huabao, 山东画报). In 1949, Tu joined the editorial board of Public Security Illustrated (Gong'an huabao, 公安画报), published by the Shanghai Municipal Public Security organs. After 1953, he was attached in various capacities to the Art Section of the Shanghai Municipal Cultural Bureau, the Secretariat of the Shanghai Academy and the Oil Painting and Sculpture Department of the Shanghai Art School. Tu became involved with the Chinese Artists Association from 1963 on and retired in 1988.
Tu is an oil painter. His works have been included in the collections of the China Art Gallery and the Museum of the Chinese People's Revolutionary Army.