Wu Mifeng (1920-2004) was from Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province. Ms. Wu's father taught her as a child and in 1937, she entered the Senior High School attached to the National Hangzhou Art School. She entered the Art School proper in 1940 and after graduation, she joined the Gansu Dunhuang Research Office as a researcher. Later, she taught at the Lu Xun Literature and Art Academy, the Shenyang North East Art School and the Lu Xun Art Academy. In the late 1950s, Ms. Wu was involved in the construction of the Agricultural Exhibition Hall, the China Art Gallery, the Beijing Railway Station and other Great Buildings.
Ms. Wu has created murals and water colors. Some of her works have been included in the collection of the China Art Gallery.