Ying Yeping (1910-1990) hailed from Ninghai, Zhejiang Province. He was taught at home and started specializing in nature painting when he was 16. In 1949, he established himself as a specialized painter in Shanghai and took up teaching as a Professor at the New China Art School. After 1949, he also took up the position of deputy head of the editorial office at the Shanghai People's Fine Arts Publishing House. In 1960, he became a Professor at the Shanghai Art School, and in 1983, he became a Professor at the Arts Department of Shanghai University.
Ying was known for nature painting, calligraphy and art education.